If close pals were asked about my personality, I reckon ‘mischievous’ would absolutely make it into my bio. I can be a cheeky little fun-seeker when I like to be and a lot more so now than ever I suppose, when silliness and laughter is a welcome relief during this challenging time.
I think it’s safe to say that my kids have taken after me when it pertains to loving a laugh and also having a sweet tooth for that matter!
Thank goodness for arts and crafts and yummy sweets then, to help us get through quarantine and homeschool. You see, delicious sweet makers, MAOAM, have joined forces with comedy duo Dick and Dom, creating an online Mischief Hub to help inspire us all to have a little a lot more fun as a family.
Bursting with mischievous arts and crafts (I share 2 below as well as our own you can try at home) along with silly missions you can embark on as a family, MAOAM’s site will keep you entertained for hours, I promise.
Over the weekend, we whiled away Saturday creating our own wanted Posters on the laptop (you can draw yours if you prefer) before illustrating and colouring them in, demanding ransoms from one another for unwashed dishes and not finishing dinner.
We also made some glittery spider’s webs with scary spiders no less, and basic but crazy sock hand puppets with silly googly eyes.
We rewarded our creative efforts with some fruity sweets (it would be disrespectful not to, right).
MAOAM is popular for their tasty range of sweets that kids adore from stripes to JoyStixx, Pinballs to PartyMixx, and as you can see, I made a decision to spread a little selection out on our arts and crafts table aka the kitchen/dining table which also doubles up as a my work desk too, during our day of fun together.
Wow, that table’s nearly as hard working as we are :)!
Seriously though, we had the best time! No phones, no laptops, no distractions, just arts and crafts, sweets, chatter and laughter. The kids have hung up their work with pride and are keeping their puppet socks ‘forever’ (these were spares so not in a pair)!
It didn’t matter that it was raining outside because we brought the sunshine in with both kids feeling occupied for hours.
Do check out the Mischief Hub for lots of tricks and ideas to help get you crafting with your own little rascals and go ahead try our arts and crafts, below.
You can get scissors, paper, googly eyes, cardboard, glitter pens, felt idea pens and glue from Amazon.
Grab some spare socks and get to work creating your very own personalised sock puppet! simply draw on facial features (nose, eyebrows and mouth) and glue on googly eyes, waiting until they dry before you pop your hand in.
If you have string or ribbons, you can also add some hair. give your sock a name or model your puppet on a much-loved cartoon character or family member. My kids made a decision their socks were best pals bill and Molly, and ended up creating an improvised scene of the pals battling over sweets then cuddling (where they used their hands) to make pals again. Aren’t they cute!
Make a wanted Poster:
Why not try these old Western wanted posters to catch their family members for being mischievous.
Design it on the computer or draw your own.
Once ready/printed, draw your chosen wanted cowgirl or cowboy/ relative, their infraction and the reward for their capture in money or sweets!
I used a ‘cool mill’ for my own kids! Do you like my poster?
Glittery Spider’s Webs:
You will need some paper, card, felt idea pens, scissors, glue and glitter pens. draw a spider’s web on a piece of paper, paper plate or card. You can use your ruler to help.
Then make your scary spider.
We had some glittery card in our arts and crafts box so used that to decorate our web and we made the legs from it. Chop thin strips of card for the spider’s legs, sticking them together on top of one another and glue a round cardboard circle on top for the head (you can circle around a small jam jar if you like).
Then glue on some googly eyes. draw over the spider’s web with glitter pens and add glittery card in places too.
Enjoy my sweet readers (see what I did there?!)!
Excitingly, I have 6 sweetie hampers to give away to 6 lucky winners!
Terms and Conditions:
1. MAOAM x sincere mum HAMPER competition is open to all persons aged 18 or over and citizen in the united kingdom (excluding northern Ireland), excluding employees, and their immediate families, of © HARIBO Dunhills (Pontefract), their associated companies, agents, agencies and any individual else professionally connected, and excluding the immediate family of © sincere MUM.
2. The Promoter is © sincere Mum.
3. The promotion will run from 02/07/20 to 02/08/20 on sincere Mum’s website.
4. There is no entry fee and no purchase needed to enter this competition.
5. 6 winners will be selected at random by the Promoter and will be announced by 5PM on the xx/x/20.
6. The promoter reserves the ideal to verify the eligibility of entrants.
7. only one entry will be accepted per person. multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
8. any individual found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible.
9. Entrants need to be following MAOAM’s Instagram channel (@maoam_uk) to enter.
10. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
11. The policies of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
a) follow MAOAM and sincere mum on Instagram (@maoam_uk and @honestmum).
b) submit details on Rafflecopter, located at bottom of MAOAM blog post on © sincere Mum’s website.
12. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
13. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
14. The prize includes the following MAOAM sweets:
2 x bag of MAOAM Stripes
2 x bag of MAOAM Pinballs
2 x bag of MAOAM Joystixx
15. If the winners do not respond within 7 days of the email sent, new winners will be randomly selected.
This is a sponsored post, and as always my views and words are honest.
Enter a lot more competitions here.
Buy my bestselling book in paperback or audio
My debut book is my guide to surviving and thriving at work and at home and uses insight into how to create a digital service or return to work with confidence.
Mumboss: The sincere Mum’s guide to Surviving and Thriving at work and at home (UK 2nd Edition)
Available on Amazon or Audible
The working Mom: Your guide to Surviving and Thriving at work and at home (US/Canada Edition)
Available September 8th 2020. buy now on Amazon
Like what you’ve read? then why not follow Vicki on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram
Never miss A Post!
Subscribe to HonestMum for my weekly email newsletter where I share my new blog posts, blogging tips, event invitations, competitions and news about my new book. I never share your personal data with third parties.